Hello! I am a fifth-year Ph.D. Candidate in Technology and Operations Management at INSEAD.
I am interested in practice-driven problems in sustainable and humanitarian operations.
Together with my advisors Luk N. Van Wassenhove and Atalay Atasu, I investigate business model choices to improve resource efficiency in for-profit and humanitarian operations.
In August 2023, I will join Tilburg University as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Management.
CV | INSEAD Profile | Linkedin Profile
Sustainable Operations, Circular Economy, Humanitarian Operations, Humanitarian Financing
- INSEAD Business School , Fontainebleau, France Ph.D. in Management, 2023 (expected)
- Eindhoven University of Technology , Eindhoven, Netherlands M.Sc. in Operations Management and Logistics, 2018 >
- Bilkent University , Ankara, Turkey B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering, 2016
Dissertation committee: Atalay Atasu, Luk N. Van Wassenhove (co-chairs), Dan A. Iancu , Guillaume Roels
Master in Management Sciences, 2020
Excellence Track in Research, supervised by Jan C. Fransoo
Published and Under Review
- Gülserliler, E. G., Blackburn, J. D., and Van Wassenhove, L. N. (2021). Consumer acceptance of circular business models and potential effects on economic performance: The case of washing machines. Journal of Industrial Ecology. https://doi.org/10.1111/jiec.13202
- Gülserliler, E. G., Atasu, A., and Van Wassenhove, L. N. (2022). Business Model Choice under Right to
Economic and Environmental Consequences. Under review (1st round) at Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
- Job market paper.
- Earlier version available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=4011640
- Gülserliler, E. G., Atasu, A., Iancu, D., and Van Wassenhove, L. N. (2022). The Price of Funding Inflexibility in Humanitarian Operations. In Progress.
- Stakeholder Perspectives on Right-to-Repair Laws. INSEAD Knowledge, 2022.
Grants and Awards
- Luk N. Van Wassenhove Ph.D. Student Research Award, INSEAD TOM Faculty, 2021.
- Outstanding Tutor Award, INSEAD MBA Programme, 2020.
- INSEAD Ph.D. Fellowship, 2018-2023. (expected)
- ALSP/HS Scholarship, Eindhoven University of Technology and the Dutch Government, 2016-2018.
- Full Merit Scholarship, Bilkent University, 2012-2016.
- Achievement Grant for Bachelor's, Prime Ministry of Turkey (awarded to the first 100 students in the National University Entrance Exam), 2012-2016.
Conferences and Talks
- Business Model Choice under Right to Repair (invited talks):
- Nova School of Business and Economics, Virtual, 2022.
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Frankfurt, 2022.
- Eindhoven University of Technology Industrial Engineering & Information Sciences, Eindhoven, 2022.
- Tilburg School of Economics and Management, Tilburg, 2022.
- INFORMS Annual Meeting, Indianapolis, 2022.
- 3rd European Technology and Operations Management Day, IESE Business School, Barcelona, 2022.
- Erasmus University Rotterdam School of Management, Rotterdam, 2022.
- Manufacturing & Service Operations Management Conference, Munich, 2022.
- Early-Career Sustainable Operations Management Workshop, Virtual, 2022.
- INFORMS Annual Meeting, Virtual, 2021.
- Consumer Adoption and Economic Performance of Circular Business Models:
- Production & Operations Management Society Annual Meeting, Washington DC, 2019.
- Ad-hoc reviewer for Production and Operations Management, Journal of Industrial Ecology, International Transactions in Operational Research.
- TR-HOPES Working Group Member (Working group of Turkish academics on humanitarian operations).
- Ph.D. representative of Technology and Operations Management Area at INSEAD, 2021-2023 (expected).
- INSEAD Technology and Operations Management Workshop for Ph.D. Students, founder and organizer, 2020.
- 8th INSEAD-Wharton Doctoral Consortium Organization Committee Member, 2019.
- Tutor for Process and Operations Management (MBA core), Nov-Dec 2019.
Assistant to Enver Yücesan and Florin Ciocan
Teaching evaluation 4.70/5.00, awarded Outstanding Tutor Award.
- "Ece was fantastic - so systematic, super clear!"
- "This was the best tutorial I've had at INSEAD. She was extremely thorough and was very helpful in explaining class concepts."
- "I think she taught very well, she went over what she promised (didn't take too long on exercises), she checked back in if we had questions and overall created a nice ambiance."
- Teaching Assistant for Business Sustainability Thinking (MBA elective), June 2022.
Assistant to Atalay Atasu
© E. Gülserliler, 2022